Saturday, September 4, 2010

Swap-bot... my new addiction

Swap-bot has really become my new addiction.  I cruise the website at least 10x a day.  No joke.  I try to refrain myself from signing up for too many swaps but they all sound so fun!  So far I've joined Pin Up HAND embroidery  and as I mention previously the Gina Matarazzo Swap.  I've been thinking about trying ATCs or Artist Trading Cards.  Now they really look intimidating if you do a quick Image search.  I mean, I know they are suppose to be miniature works of art but damn they are amazing.  I just can't compete with that!  In my defense, they are mostly drawn, painted, sketched, etc and we all know that I can't draw my way out of a paper bag.  The best I can do is put together something using my card making and scrapbooking materials.

This is my first attempt at making one:



I think its cute.  I mean, its no work of art but its adorable.  I really wanted to join this swap, Owl ATC Swap #2 . I am consider a newbie (as I should be) but I hope someone is ok if they receive that! I used my adorable Owl punch, stamped the flowers and glued it all together.  I have to say the hardest part (and I don't know why) was making the girl's eyes.  I actually used real fake eyelashes that I trimmed to fit her eyes.

Anyways, gonna sign up and work on another one and see which one is better.  In other news, I realize the person that I'm gonna ship my embroidery swaps to is the same person!  Sweet, save on postage!  :)

What are all of you crafting at the moment?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to check out your blog since I received your Owl ATC today. I must say it is really freaking awesome and I am going to post pictures of it and link back to your blog if that is okay. You are so creative and I wish I could embroider. I really really loved looking in the mailbox and finding you ATC. It is my new fave. I also check the website like 10x a day lol. It is a genius website! I am a newbie as well...I also gave you a 5 and hearted it! Ciao!

Deb Egan said...

What an awesome atc, LOVE the owl theme and love the other atc you stitched with the owl!
deb - swapbot

crazy moon said...

owls are so awsome, i wish i had found this swap! haha

gracie - moonsbirdsandmonsters (swapbot)

crazy moon said...

owls are awsome! i wish i had discovered this swap! such a lovely creation aswell