Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hello hello

Since I haven't worked on anything crafty today, I thought I'd post some older projects I've finished and talk about them.


This is something I worked on around Christmas time (obviously).  It was one of the first patterns and embroidery projects I worked with.  If you noticed, its limited to backstitch and french knots cause thats all I knew!   I still love the reindeer and how they came out!  So cute and cuddly.  The pattern is from Sublime Stitching and it's not in any books, you just have to buy it.

This is a project I started after I finished my Christmas themed dish towels.  This is actually a huge flour sack towel, and when I bought it, I didn't know it would cover a small table!  Again, this is mostly done in backstitch and french knots.  Its not over the top and I wasn't as confident with my skills.  All I do know, it sure looks tasty! 


Now this, I was extremely proud of when I finished.  This is the first request I've ever done.  My friend Maggie had purchased the Sublime Stitching unicorn pattern just because.  She knew she wanted to have me make something with it and boy did I.  This is a banner sold by sublime stitching.  I used I believe pattern on the sheet.  I bought fabric markers and colored it in.  I think it really really made it pop.  I was most proud of the tail. 






As you can see, I used several different colors in the tail which looks like they flowed into each other.  I thought it was genius! haha.  In this project, I used both backstitch and split stitch through out. I thought it gave it good dimensions. Needless to say, Maggie absolutely loved it!  Yay!


Now this creation is the first gift I made for someone.  I made this for my friend Leighann for her Birthday.  She loves all things spacey and nerdy and I had bought this pattern for same reasons.  This is an apron I had laying around and I thought it would be a perfect piece.  All the patterns are by Sublime Stitching since I can't draw my way out of a paper bag.  In all reality, Sublime Stitching has really awesome patterns that make it fun to embroider!  Theres a patterns for everyone and every occasion so you really can't go wrong.  I used both Space pattern and some from her books.  This was also the first time I've done a pattern on something thats not a variation of white so it was actually pretty hard!  The iron on pattern was hard to see and I had to trace it with a chalk pencil for most of it so I was really proud on how it came out regardless.  I had a few mistakes here and there and as you can see, I freehand the writing which is why its terrrible!  Here are some close up shots...

I really  this little guy!  As you can probably tell, I started with split stitch and then switch to a back stitch.  Yep, I was too lazy to take it out.  Oh well, I'm sure Leighann didn't notice until now that I've said something!



This is a closeup of the pocket.  I didn't plan ahead and didnt realize that I would have to stitch the pocket shut (sorry!!) so i only did a design on the middle pocket.  Since I don't have a sewing machine, I couldn't undo the pocket and embroider it and then stitch it back on.  I was pressed for time as it is.

Well, that is it for now.  I will post some other stuff I've finished later.  I also promise to take pictures of my future stuff with my digital camera and not my iphone. Have a good night everyone!

2 comments:

Leighann said...

I think it was super-awesome and if there were mistakes I couldn't tell! I'm glad you're blogging again!!

Perla said...

Yay! I'm glad I'm blogging again too. I've been drooling over a bunch of embroidery blogs so I decided to finally make my own. So I think its just you that reads it lol. :)