Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Current project

Hello all,

I hope your weekend was great.  Mine was pretty uneventful, we had free HBO/cinemax preview so Travis and I watched a bunch of movies.  I also went shopping and picked up some supplies.  I hit up hobby lobby (which is usually dangerous for me) and bought a glue gun+glue sticks, baby stuff backgrounds for the scrapbook, some stickers for the scrapbook, paint for hoop frames, and some totes to embroider.  I decided to embroider a tote for Travis's mom with sexy librarians.  Travis's mom is a head honcho librarian in Salt Lake City so I thought it would be cute.

So far, all I've done is ironed on the pattern and started embroidering one book.  I did say I wanted to track my progress so here are the so pics of the patterned ironed on.








Sexy Librarians eh? I thought so too.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm not sure yet how I want to handle it but we'll see how it goes. That is all, I just wanted to update a little bit on what I'm working on. I've also done a few more pages in the scrapbook but I think it's gonna be a long work in progress.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Helen said...

OH my gosh- Where did you get those!? I've been wanting to try out embroidery and the librarians are perfect! LOVE THEM!

Perla said...

Hi Helen!

I got them off sublime stitching. Her stuff is amazing if you are just starting out and they have everything you need to start. I would recommend getting a kit if you don't have anything already.

sublimestitching.com
http://sublimestitching.com/sexylibrarians.html
http://sublimestitching.com/kits.html

Let me know if I can help you with anything! :D