Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What chu working on Perla?

Well, the whole point of this blog was to show what I'm currently working on soooo lets get to it!


 So that is my craft table aka my disaster zone.  That's where some of the magic happens... ;)  Notice my GRE book... that my friend, is not crafty fun.  It's not any kind of fun.  I've been putting it off for a while now and I need to do it if I want to start applying to grad schools.  woo hoo... pfffbbbtttt. <---that was suppose to be a raspberry sound... anyways.. back to the crafts!


This is a scrapbook that I'm currently working on.  That beautiful baby is my nephew Anthony.  This book has been a long time coming... sorry Suzy!  I finally, finally, finally started it this week.  So far, only like 5 pages done.  I like scrapbooking but it can be so tedious and frustrating trying to arrange pictures, coming up with new themes and organizing it.  Slapping it together is the easy part... planning the page.. not so much.


 That is the embroidery project I started last week.  Its two angelfishes.  I had this blue bandanna laying around that I wanted to embroider and I got tired of it collecting dust so I decided to finally iron on a pattern. I figured the fishes would do well against this pretty blue!  I also ironed on some jellyfishes on another square.  The pattern is by Sublime Stitching and its located in the craft pad.


 ...and a close up of the fish.  I used 3 strands and simple back stitch so far.  Since the lines are so small, I thought this was best way to go.  I'll probably use a different stitch on the bigger guy.

 That's it for now, I'm gonna go cook up some dinner! :)

No comments: