Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas crafts and Swap-bot item.

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous crafty time.  As I've mention before, I decided to make some of my Christmas presents this year so I figured I'd show you a bit of what I've been up to.

As I mention, I was doing some cat toys and I'm gonna show you a picture of one. I've made about 9 so far in various colors.  Without further ado, cat toys!



And this is the catnip pillow thats inside all of them...



I made individual hand sewn pillows filled with catnip.  They are a bit tedious since I don't have a sewing machine to whip them right out.  The pattern again for the crochet cat toys is here.

I've also found a pattern for dog toy.  Well its a wiener dog amigurumi that I turned into a dog toy. You can find the pattern here   I put bells in the head to make noise when they dog shakes it and I added a squeaker in the butt area because dogs love squeakers!  My first attempt of the wiener dog looks a little like balloon with elephant head.  I'm not sure why the pattern made the nose sooo long and pointy.  I'm currently in the process of making another one so I might try tweaking the nose a bit.  Anyways, here's what it looks like...









Haha, it looks like an elephant from the bottom view. Oh well, I'm sure the dogs won't notice.  Making amigurumis are pretty fun actually.  Once I get done with all the Christmas gifts, I'm going to attempt to make this cutest little owl or this tiny Yoda or maybe even a s'more!  I found most of these patterns on http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com.  

I finally received my Pin-Up Swap item.  Well, I take that back, my partner sorta flaked and forgot about it.  The swap host (who absolutely rocks) "angel" my swap. Basically, she made me a pin-up because I didn't receive one.  In all honesty, I'm kinda glad she flaked because I got the most awesomest pin-up ever.  Keni aka Snifferooski (her awesome blog here)  made me the cutest and sweetest pin-up ever.  I just look at her in utter amazement. I stalk her blog on a regular basis and her embroidery is so clean, neat, and just amazing.  She inspires me to do awesome things. I wish I had better pictures so you can see how amazing this is but alas, my camera = fail. 




Its just... its just so well made. I love everything about it.  Her cute little heart shape mouth, the colors, her hair, the tiny little eyelashes, her shoes, just everything is so perfect. You guys, I know I'm gushing but eeek its so awesome! One day, I will be this awesome at making pin-ups.  I think next time I attempt to make a pin-up, I'm gonna try to use fewer strands.  I normally use all six strands except on the face which I then use anywhere from one to three strands.  We'll see how that goes!

Well that's all I  have for now. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Shayla said...

wow, are those items crocheted? I wish I knew how! You are really good, and she did a wonderful job on that embroidery, it looks absolutely amazing.