Monday, October 11, 2010

Yet another Swap-bot post among other things.

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing crafty things and enjoying their week.  So I decided to do another Swapbot update. I know, its consuming my life!  Crafty and otherwise.  I'm currently signed up for 3 swaps, and I just finished all my embroidery swaps for the year.  I decided to make all my Christmas gifts this year so I need all my free time for that.  So far, I'm working on a bagillion cat toys. I found this crochet pattern on www.craftzine.com.  Its a pretty cool website for all crafty things.  Anyways, I've made about 8 cat toys filled with little catnip pillows in each mouse.  I've tested one of my toys with my friend's cat and she absolutely loved it! Success!  She was rubbing her face all over it and carrying all over the place.  She even liked playing with crochet chain that's attached to it.  So I think all the cats getting this toy will like it.  I never realized how many friends and family members I know have cats! yikes and some have two!  I think I still need to whip up like 3 or 4 more.  I now need a pattern for dog toys.  I guess I'll need to buy some squeakers since dogs don't like catnip (I tested it when my own little Pookmister, he was not a fan of it). If I had time and patience, I would make dog sweaters but I that means I would need to make around 3 or 4 of them.  Noooo thanks. I'll have to think of something.

Anywho,  back to Swap-bot!  Let see,  as I mention I was doing a Pin-Up SwapGina Matazarro Swap, and Bluework Embroidery Swap.  I have finished all of them.  I've only received so far my Bluework Swap item so I have a picture of it.  Its quite beautiful actually.


Sorry about picture quality, my camera is still sucking. hard. I wish I could afford a new one but unfortunately, its not in the budget.  but she's a very lovely lady, doing some needlework.  She was wonderfully stitched and  I believe she used one strand for the whole thing so wow!  I know, what you are thinking, what did you make Perla?  Well, I stitched up this cute little bird, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to it's new home.  Rats!  I swear, I lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body.  Oh well, it was cute. But I do have pictures of the other items I made for my swaps! Woo hoo!

I made this tote bag for the Gina Matazarro Swap.




I absolutely loved how it came out, I almost didn't want to send it! It seems so happy and cheery! This pattern is just adorable.  My swap mate, really liked it so that's good!

Now for my Pin-Up Swap, I'm not really 100% pleased with how it turned out.  I guess I just don't have the knack for Pin-Ups.  Faces and people in general are not my strong points in embroidery.  I think I'll stick with animals and objects from now on, but it was a fun experience!  Anyways, without further ado, my "pin-up" girl.






Eeeks!  She looks like an albino black girl with dreads. Yikes. Honestly, the only thing I like about this is her shoes.  I'm sorry swap mate!  There was really no fixing her at that point, so I just had to send her.  I was down to the deadline and I didn't want to swap late so off I sent her.  Not my proudest item I've made but at least its done.  I guess that's what I get when making my own pattern.  I didn't want to use the ones used before in previous Pin-Up Swap so I looked online and printed a picture of a pin-up, traced her, and then stitched her up.  Obviously, my drawing/tracing skills are left to be desired so that's why she's a little funky.  Don't even get me started with her hair, I have no idea why it looks like that.  Anyways, my swap-mate was nice and commented on how nice her shoes were, lol.  oh well.

So now to talk about my current swaps.  Ok so I'm involved in a Coupon Swap.  Nothing very exciting about that except, I get coupons! whoo hooo. Next I'm doing I'm new to Making ATC Swap.  As we all know, I am new to making ATC's so this should be fun.  I have two partners and I have to make ATC based off their profiles.  They both like Vampires, Werewolves, and other fantasy creatures so I might make something along those lines.  OHHH Speaking of ATC's, I did finally get my Owl ATC Swap!  Its really cute!  Here's a picture of it...


I really like the button and of course, the adorable owl!  Its pretty artsy with sparkly paint/spray and glue glitter! It came all the way from Ukraine so that's why it took so long.

My last swap that I'm doing is Halloween Coloring Page which is where we color any Halloween theme coloring page.  So I went on the hunt online looking for a coloring page and I stumbled against this wonder! I absolutely love this guy's drawings.  So amazing and cute!  I finished coloring my picture today.  I'm so excited about it, I decide to show it before sending it to my partner.  I doubt she would stalk me anyways over a coloring page.


Totally awesome right?! Man, the picture is just so freaking cute!.  I took some more slightly close up pictures.



I printed the coloring page on some card stock (I usually use it for card making) and used fine-tip sharpies to color the picture in.  The fine-tip really came in handy for the tiny little bricks and roofing tiles. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have to say this is pretty awesomely colored.  I hope my swap mate enjoys it.  I'm also gonna send her a copy of coloring page so she can do it as well.  If you all have time, you should definitely check out the printable coloring books on http://www.bluebison.net/ as well as their children stories.  I promise your face will melt off with cuteness it exudes.

Well, that's all for now!  I guess I should blog more often and do smaller posts, huh?  I will get better at this!  Enjoy your crafty week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the flowers on your pin up!!